How to cook Almond-Praline Wafers?
- 1⁄3 CUP SUGAR;
- 1⁄3 CUP FINELY CHOPPED TOASTED RAW ALMONDS;
- 3⁄4 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 1⁄2 CUP SUGAR;
- 1⁄2 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT;
- 1,25 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 1⁄2 TSP. BAKING POWDER;
- 1 TBSP. AMARETTO OR WATER.
- To make praline, place a small, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sugar and shake the pan until the sugar melts and caramelizes. Add almonds and shake to coat. Turn out onto a sheet of buttered aluminum foil and let cool. Break into pieces, then whirl in a food processor or blender until coarsely crushed.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light in color. Mix in vanilla extract. In a bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture along with Amaretto or water and mix well. Stir in crushed praline. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Makes about 2,5 dozen.
- The word «cookie» is an anglicization of the Dutch «koekje», a diminutive cake tucked in a child’s stocking at Christmastime.
If you like Almond-Praline Wafers recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.