How to cook Brown Bears?
- 2 TBSP. UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER;
- 3 OZ. BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, COARSELY CHOPPED;
- 1,5 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 3⁄4 TSP. BAKING POWDER;
- 1⁄4 TSP. SALT;
- 1⁄2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 3⁄4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR;
- 1 EGG;
- 1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT;
- 1 TSP. INSTANT-COFFEE POWDER DISSOLVED IN 1 TBSP. HOT WATER.
- In a food processor, combine cocoa, chocolate, and 1⁄4 cup of the flour and process until chocolate is finely ground. Add remaining flour, baking powder, and salt and pulse to blend. In a bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and coffee. Stir in flour mixture, mixing well. Shape dough into a disk, place in plastic wrap, and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Divide dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece 1⁄8- to 3⁄16-inch thick. With a 3,5-inch bear-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
- Older children enjoy creating these charming chocolate teddy bears. If desired, frost with a chocolate icing.
If you like Brown Bears recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.