Chicken with apples and sage
Chicken quarters — 6 PCs,
Cinnamon — 1 tsp,
Salt — 1 tsp,
White pepper — pinch,
Nutmeg — pinch,
Olive oil — 50 ml,
Onion — 1 PC,
Garlic — 1 head,
Sage — 1 sprig,
Cinnamon — 2 sticks
Chicken broth — 200 ml,
Saffron — 2 strings,
Apple — 4 PCs.,
Butter — 50 g,
Honey — 5 tbsp
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Chicken legs cut in half. Mix salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Coat all pieces of meat with the mixture and set aside.
3. Finely chop the onion.
4. Head of garlic cut in half crosswise.
5. In the hot broth (or water) put the saffron. Out of the way, out well drawn.
6. In a non-stick pan fry the chicken pieces in olive oil on high heat. Fry until Golden brown.
7. Immediately place another pan with a thick bottom and high Board (tagine or pot). Over medium heat saute the onion, until then, until the onions are soft, but not cooked.
8. The fried chicken place in a tagine on a bed of onions. Reduce the heat to low.
9. Put the chicken, garlic, a sprig of sage, pour the broth with saffron (saffron water).
10. Add cinnamon sticks, pre-cutting them in half, and cover. Leave to stew on a slow fire.
11. Meanwhile enjoy apples. Peel the apples peel and core. Cut the slices.
12. In a non-stick pan on low heat melt the butter. Add the honey.
13. Put the apples, do large fire. Mix well with butter and honey.
Caramelize the apples, stirring occasionally, until then, until they turn a beautiful caramel color.
14. The prepared apples will shift to the chicken. Stew on low heat under a lid for 10 minutes.
15. Luxury chicken with apples ready!