How to cook Dried Cherry–Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- 1⁄2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 1⁄2 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR;
- 1⁄4 CUP FIRMLY PACKED DARK;
- 1⁄2 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT;
- 1 EGG;
- 1 CUP PLUS 2 TBSP. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 1⁄2 TSP. BAKING SODA;
- 1⁄4 TSP. SALT;
- 1 CUP (6 OZ.) DOUBLE OR SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS;
- 2⁄3 CUP DRIED CHERRIES;
- 3⁄4 CUP CHOPPED TOASTED, SKINNED HAZELNUTS OR CHOPPED WALNUTS, PECANS, OR MACADAMIA NUTS.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light in color. Mix in vanilla extract and egg. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, cherries, and nuts. Using a small scoop, drop dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
Omit chocolate chips and specified nuts. Add 1 tsp. ground five-spice mixture to dry ingredients and add 3⁄4 cup golden raisins and 3⁄4 cup raw pistachio nuts.
- Makes about 2,5 dozen.
- Dried cherries lend a holiday sparkle and sweet-tart flavor to the classic chocolate chip cookie.
If you like Dried Cherry–Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.