How to cook Frosty Snowmen?
- 1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR;
- 1 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 1 EGG YOLK;
- 2 TSP. GRATED LEMON ZEST;
- 2,25 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 1⁄8 TSP. SALT.
- 2 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR;
- 2 TBSP. FRESH LEMON JUICE;
- 1 TBSP. FRAMBOISE (RASPBERRY) LIQUEUR OR WATER.
- In a bowl, cream together sugar, butter, egg yolk, and lemon zest until light in color. Add flour and salt and mix to form a dough. Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough about 3⁄16-inch thick. Using a 2,5 -inch snowman cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
- To make glaze, in a bowl, stir together sugar, lemon juice, and liqueur or water to make a thin, transparent coating. Spread on cookies.
- Makes about 6 dozen.
- A shiny transparent glaze, perfumed with lemon and raspberry, sheaths these tender butter cookies. It is fun to cut out other decorative holiday shapes, such as stars, bells, bears, angels, and trees.
If you like Frosty Snowmen recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.