Mini lemon curd tartlets recipe (Christmas Recipes)
- Butter, for greasing
- 1½ sheets of frozen ready-prepared
- shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- For the lemon curd:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest, fnely grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g butter, chopped
- To decorate:
- 100g dark chocolate
- Lemon zest, grated, to decorate
- In a heavy-based pan, whisk together the whole egg, yolk, sugar, lemon zest and lemon
- Add the butter and place over a medium heat.
- Cook, whisking, for 7-8 minutes until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stand for fve minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 12-hole mini muffn tin with butter.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly-foured work surface and use a 5cm round pastry cutter to cut out 12 circles.
- Press the rounds into the muffn tin and pierce each base with a fork.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark.
- Bake the pastry cases for 10 minutes, then cut small circles of parchment paper and put one in
- each pastry case.
- Fill each one with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For the decoration, melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Spoon the chocolate into a Ziplock bag and cut off one of the bottom corners.
- Pipe the melted chocolate onto a sheet of parchment paper in any shape or design you like, then place the sheet into the fridge to harden.
- When the cases are cool, spoon some of the lemon curd into each one.
- Top each one with a little lemon zest and a chocolate squiggle.