How to cook Pepparkakor?
- 1⁄2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 3⁄4 CUP SUGAR;
- 1,5 TBSP. LIGHT CORN SYRUP;
- 1 EGG;
- 1⁄2 TSP. BAKING SODA;
- 1⁄4 TSP. SALT;
- 1 TSP. GROUND CINNAMON;
- 1 TSP. GROUND GINGER;
- 1⁄2 TSP. GROUND ALLSPICE;
- 1⁄2 TSP. GROUND CLOVES;
- 1,5 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, corn syrup, egg, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves until smooth. Stir in flour.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1⁄8-inch thick and, using 2,5-inch cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- Cutters in the shape of pigs and goats are typically used in Finland and Sweden for cutting out these very thin, very crisp, spicy Scandinavian cookies.
If you like Pepparkakor recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.