How to cook Persimmon-Date Cookies?
- 1 TSP. BAKING SODA;
- 1 CUP PERSIMMON PULP;
- 1⁄2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 1⁄2 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR;
- 1⁄2 CUP FIRMLY PACKED LIGHT BROWN SUGAR;
- 1 EGG;
- 2 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 1 TSP. BAKING POWDER;
- 1⁄2 TSP. SALT;
- 2 TSP. GROUND CINNAMON;
- 1⁄2 TSP. GROUND CLOVES;
- 1⁄2 TSP. GROUND ALLSPICE;
- 1 CUP CHOPPED PITTED DATESOR WHOLE DARK OR GOLDEN RAISINS.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, stir baking soda into persimmon pulp and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Stir in egg and persimmon mixture. In another large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in dates or raisins. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
Omit ground cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Add 1,5 teaspoons ground five-spice mixture.
- Makes about 3,5 dozen.
- Creamy-textured Hachiya persimmons are the best choice for these soft and spicy cookies.
If you like Persimmon-Date Cookies recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.