Puff pastry with cherries recipe
– yeast-free puff pastry – 500 g,
– cherry – 300 g,
– sugar – 5 tablespoons,
– starch – 1 tbsp.,
1. Cherry wash, let it drain and remove from berries seeds.
Sprinkle the cherries with sugar and leave for 20 minutes so that the sugar is partly dissolved, and cherry stood out the juice. Add starch, mix and put on low fire.
Cook the cherries with the cornstarch, stirring constantly, without boiling, until the mixture thickens and will resemble a very thick porridge.
Tip: if cherries are not very juicy, you can add a little water if the liquid is not enough.
2. To remove cherry jelly from the heat and allow to cool. Puff pastry to thaw, covered with damp towel or plastic bag to not zavetrilos. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5 mm and cut into 6 squares, the same size.
3. Each square is divided into two halves diagonally. On one half to make neat cuts with a knife, before reaching the edge and the center of the square about 8 mm.
4. Share on the free side of each square with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
5. The edges of the dough to grease water (to get a better sticking of the dough), cover with the stuffing notched side of the test well to seal the edges puff. Lay out puff to sprinkle water the pan. Put in a preheated to ~210°C oven and bake the puffs for about 20 minutes.
Puff pastry with cherries ready to serve!