How to cook Spritz Cookies?
- 1 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 3⁄4 CUP SUGAR;
- 1 EGG;
- 1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT;
- 1 TSP. ALMOND EXTRACT;
- 2 CUPS PLUS 2 TBSP. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- DASH OF SALT.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla and almond extracts. Add flour and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Pack dough into a cookie press fitted with a star or ridged tip or any desired design. Press out dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. If a 1-inch-wide ridged cutter is used, immediately cut strips crosswise on the diagonal to make 1,5 -inch-long cookies. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Makes about 6 dozen.
- Children delight in cranking the cookie press, then cutting and twirling the dough into S and O shapes.
- Omit extracts and add 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest and 1 tablespoon orange liqueur with the egg.
- Raspberry Jam–Filled Wreaths: Pipe out wreaths 1,5 inches in diameter and fill center of each with dough. Drop a spoonful of raspberry jam on each center. Bake as directed.
If you like Spritz Cookies recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.