How to cook Sugar Cookies?
- CUP PLUS 2 TBSP. UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE;
- 1,25 CUPS SUGAR2 EGGS;
- 1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT;
- 1⁄4 TSP. ALMOND EXTRACT;
- 3,5 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR;
- 1 TSP. BAKING POWDER;
- 1⁄4 TSP. SALT;
- COARSE SUGAR CRYSTALS IN COLOR OF CHOICE.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and almond extracts and beat until smooth. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until smooth. Pat dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Divide dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece 1⁄8-inch thick. Cut into desired shapes u ing 2-inch cutters or larger 3-inch angel or tree cutters, and place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to racks to cool.
- Makes about 7 dozen, depending on cutter size.
- Cut this holiday-favorite dough into angels, stars, bells, trees, or other decorative shapes.
If you like Sugar Cookies recipe of this post and other recipes on this website, please share it.